Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too would love to have that one drop that I carry in a small bottle in my pocket that works but alas it is not to be. I use celluvisc in the a.m. after my restasis. Then I put a drop of tears natural on top of my slceral after insertion in my left eye. I am good for most of the day with maybe a drop of refresh classic in my right eye. In the evening when I get home I take out my scleral and put a drop of refresh classic or, thanks to this thread, freshkote and that holds me until bed time when I again put in my restasis then vitamine e oil or coconut oil as my overnight drop. After 9:30 pm or so my left eye goes to crap an nothing works other than going to bed. This is what works best for me. But as you can see I am using all kinds of different stuff.

Comment

Thank you MGD666 and dryeyeydave. Glad to hear it is not just me that is forever trying everything to hopefully just manage it with one trick.
      Did either of you have Lasik surgery? does the slceral lense work good?

I am now trying restasis in the AM and a drop of freshkote at night.

Comment

Originally posted by runnergirl View Post
        Thank you MGD666 and dryeyeydave. Glad to hear it is not just me that is forever trying everything to hopefully just manage it with one trick.
        Did either of you have Lasik surgery? does the slceral lense work good?

I am now trying restasis in the AM and a drop of freshkote at night.
        My dry eye is caused by lid scaring and thickening from Steven's Johnson syndrome. The scleral lens works beautifully. Also I would use the restasis as directed twice per day, and consider plugs they have work very well for me.

Comment

Hi runnergirl - my dry eye was caused by taking propecia for hair loss for 3 years or so, and I believe that the drug did some serious damage to my glands. I had also worn contact lenses regularly for almost 30 years. Add to that I am a "partial blinker" and my eyes do not close completely when sleeping. I never did have Lasik (thank God!). I am however quite interested in scleral lenses, but am still reluctant to spend the money on them, given that there is a chance that they may not significantly help me, or that I might not be able to tolerate them. Still, I hope to one day make a visit to Dr. Gemoules in Texas to do so. I do really think the FreshKote has been helping me a bit, but of course, everyone's eye situation is different.

Comment

Working...
          X