Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry eye pain & laser nerve damage. Are there gel drops preservative free?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye pain & laser nerve damage. Are there gel drops preservative free?

Hi everyone thanks for taking the time to read this.
    It feels like one step forward and two steps back. I am 13 months post laser and cataract surgery, my DES, Blepharitis & MGD starting within days. I thought I was making headway the latest treatment my consultant tried was Azyter, but now 2 weeks after finishing the course, which did help at first, I now find my eyes seem dryer and the Bleph has flared up again. I am using Systane every couple of hours, Blephasteam goggles once a day, but the pain doesnt stop.
    I have nerve damage from the laser used to pulverise the lense before the cataract surgery, and one consultant I saw about 6 months ago said it would improve........it gives me so much pain. Some days are better than others, but its there in the background all the time.
    Has anyone out there who has suffered nerve damage noticed improvement, and if so, how long after surgery.
    Has anyone found any gel drops for night time use that are preservative free in single use vials - I havent been able to find one and preservatives dont agree with my eyes.
    Thanks everyone, and if anyone ever find that time machine ......................I would sooner have kept the cataract and stayed short sighted.:

Hi, So sorry for your pain, I have not had this kind of surgery, but I know eye pain from my super dry eyes, it's horrid. Have you tried the genteal ointment or gel drops? they say that they are preservative free in the eye, they may not cause you problems that the others do. I have had so much trouble with most of the drops, including the preservative free ones, it's the other ingredients that bother me. so I have found that I can only use Similasan for allergies now, but they are not thick. I hope someone chimes in here who has been through the same surgery as you, and can offer some hope and help.

Comment

Working...
    X