Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The box for 'Rohto' is a different design Dog. But same size box, and same name, so it's gotta be the same stuff..
    Hylo-tear comes in a different type of vaccum delivery bottle, i squeeze= 1 drop, feels a bit clumsy to start with, but you soon get used to the bottle. i know of 2x forum users who have since started using it... Over here we have a prescrpition service so it only costs us £7.65 instead of the full price.

I only used the 1% Hylotear Dog, the 1 in the Blue bottle, would have no qualms about using the 2% Hylo forte..

Comment

It's no secret Dog, that i went downhill fast mentaly when this all started in 2011, i went through different brands of drops in the hope that one will cure this dry-eye curse. It's important that people new to dry-eye understand that you should put NOTHING in your eyes, especially with a chemical in it.
      However, if you have to do it out of necessity? (dry-eyes) then what youre looking for, is an eye drop that dont react to you the individual.
      Rohto made my eye feel like it was bigger than the actual socket it's in, i'm assuming that particular chemical aint suited to my eyes, could be for yours??..
      Thera-tears were also bad for my eyes, and as if dry-eyes aint bad enough, some drops will make your eyes worse!!..
      I thought the 'eye too big for it's socket feeling' was just part of dry-eye? looking back, i dont think it was, it was that whatever is in Rohto, or Thera-tears aint for me!. It's a Black art Dog, and a newcomer will panic even more when he/she happens upon an unsuitable eye drop. My 2x compatible brands of eye drops, where Hylo-tear, Celluvisc, oh! and Blink were all suitable for me.. The rest, my eyes didn't tolorate to different degrees...
      Last edited by Colin P; 15-Dec-2012, 16:19.

Comment

The primary goal of me trying these new eye drops is to see how my eyes react to eye drops containing hyaluronic acid.

As far as I can tell, Rohto doesn't contain it.

Hylo-Tears on the other hand does, but since I'm already trying three different eye drops that have it, I'm not likely to try a fourth unless I feel like the ones I'm currently trying are helping.

As is my policy these days, I don't let the cat out of the bag with regards how I think the eye drops are working early because it's far too often that people make claims about some treatment working extremely well for them for a short period of time, only for them to go back to square one a few days or weeks later. I've been guilty of doing this myself once, but I won't do it again. With regards my LipiFlow from a while back, I didn't report anything about it for about a month. When I finally did, all I said was "it might have helped a bit, but it's not worth rushing out to spend $1500 on unless you're in a position where you can lose the money and receive no benefit from the treatment."

Comment

Yep, you speak sense there Tankie.

It appears that 'Hylotear' and 'Hycosan' are BOTH products of Scope but use a different acid. http://www.scopehealthcare.co.uk/?ec=dry-eye-products

Hylotear as you say uses HYALURONIC, where as Hycosan which you have orderd uses HYALURONATE.

Comment

does anyone actually benefit from lipiflow?? i just read Tankie's post.. it seems that those of us with severe mgd dont really benefit..maybe its good for those iwth light cases... i have yet to hear of anyone on here saying they benefited for it.. too bad i was hoping.
            Jenny

Comment

The New Rohto® Dry Eye Relief contains HydraMed.

Hi Colin,
              i know i tried old Rohto it was bad ..The New Rohto® Dry Eye Relief contains HydraMed. This is an advanced patented formulation of two active ingredients – Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which helps restore and retain hydration, and Tamarind Seed Polysaccharide (TSP), which helps repair the surface of the eye. I will order that one.

http://www.healthandwellnesstimes.co...d-gritty-eyes/

Originally posted by Colin P View Post
              The box for 'Rohto' is a different design Dog. But same size box, and same name, so it's gotta be the same stuff..
              Hylo-tear comes in a different type of vaccum delivery bottle, i squeeze= 1 drop, feels a bit clumsy to start with, but you soon get used to the bottle. i know of 2x forum users who have since started using it... Over here we have a prescrpition service so it only costs us £7.65 instead of the full price.

I only used the 1% Hylotear Dog, the 1 in the Blue bottle, would have no qualms about using the 2% Hylo forte..

Comment

The old Rohto was a get the red out drop right? I got them back when I had no idea about BAK and rebound redness. Is this new kind natural and safe?

Comment

Hiya Dog! (is that your real name?(on this side of the Atlantic, it's not a very complimentry name if someone calles you a 'dog', especily if youre female!).
                  Anyhow. Good luck with the NEW Rohto..

Originally posted by Dog2012 View Post
                  Hi Colin,
                  i know i tried old Rohto it was bad ..The New Rohto® Dry Eye Relief contains HydraMed. This is an advanced patented formulation of two active ingredients – Hyaluronic Acid (HA), which helps restore and retain hydration, and Tamarind Seed Polysaccharide (TSP), which helps repair the surface of the eye. I will order that one.

http://www.healthandwellnesstimes.co...d-gritty-eyes/

Comment

Not sure ...you can check ingredients.

Comment

I've decided to try out Hycosan Extra. I purchased it from the following link because the price is a little cheaper (saves a few bucks) and the shipping is a lot cheaper (saves 10 pounds or about $16).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hycosan-Extra...#ht_1102wt_952

Comment

Hi Tankie,

I love the price you got also that product has a great feedback..possibly alternative to Gentile gel for night sleeping. Also with kind advice of Rebeccai could locate many products you ordered from UK on http://www.amazon.com/Thealoz-Trehal...ywords=thealoz

Do you still believe you got a best price deal :} ? So NOW the only two thinks you don't have to get the BEST of The BEST products 1. http://www.rohto.co.uk 2.
                        http://www.blephasteam.com/home.htm
                        I can't wait to hear back from you ...

Comment

Working...
                        X