What are the best drops? Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the best drops? Help!

Hi all, this is my first post on here although i have been reading posts on here for a few months now. This site has provided me with comfort and has made me feel a lot better about my situation.

Abit about myself, i am a 21 year old male from the uk. Heres my situation, it all started, like many on here, with the overuse of eye whitening drops. Murine was the brand i used but there are many different ones. I used them for about 4 years, but more regularly in the last 2. Some days i used them quite a lot, like when i was on a night out. What was i thinking! Its obvious to me know that this isnt good for you but i guess i was obsessed with looking good. It all started wwhen i got into smoking weed in school, which i am equally not proud of. But guess when i stopped it was too late, id already become addicted to the effects of these drops.

Anyway, all Thats in the past. I have been cold turkey for 3.months now. But my eyes still havnt recovered. They are better though but seem to have stagnated atm. When i wake up my eyes are quite red but this usually calms down after about an hour. Its the fact that towards the end of the day, after about 4pm, they start to deteriorate quite rapidly and by 5-6 they are really red. They do not feel that uncomfotable and they do not hurt, they just look terrible, and obviously this affects my social life, in fact my whole life. Especially since im at university! I spend so much time obsessing over this. Im pretty sure I have dry eye, my doctor seems to thimk so.

I take flaxseed oil, omega 3 and evening pimrose oil. Any others that ii should try.

Also i have tried a range of artificial tears, with minimal results so dont really put anything in my eyes anymore. I was wondering about thera tears and fortifeye.

Can anyone give me any guidence or help, it would be much appreciated.

Celluvisc is a good eye drop and preservative free and cheap. It comes in 0.5% and 1%(which is very thick and good for night time use). Thera Tears are quite good as well, not tried fortifeye. Eye drops are designed to make the eye more comfortable so I don't think there is any over the counter eye drop that will make your eyes white.

If I was you I would contact your nearest eye hospital and make an appointment to see an Opthamologist.

Comment

The only drop that worked for me was http://www.opticianonline.net/Articl...nprotected.htm

Comment

Working...
      X