This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I insert eye drops in my eyes...

When I insert an eye drop in my right eye it seems to drain out fairly quickly. It helps my vision briefly.

When I insert an eye drop in my left eye it seems to hang in my eye like a gloopy blob for awhile. It makes my vision worse.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Matt

Originally posted by jstrmereel View Post
    When I insert an eye drop in my right eye it seems to drain out fairly quickly. It helps my vision briefly.

When I insert an eye drop in my left eye it seems to hang in my eye like a gloopy blob for awhile. It makes my vision worse.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Matt
    Assume these are hydrating drops?
    According to my eye doc, proper way to instill eye drops:
    Gently pull down your lower lid
    Instill the drop into the sac that creates
    Blink once to distribute the drop, then close your eyes for 30 seconds to allow the drop to bind to your ocular surface
    Reason for the difference may be that one eye (the one the drop gloops in) is drier than the other.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Could be that your right eye punctum (drain hole) is bigger that the other. Have they tried punctal plugs? this could be something that could help in the right eye at least. Just a thought.

Comment

My MD told me I need to keep my eyes closed for at least 2 minutes following drop application. In addition, if you don't have plugs and are concerned that drops could be draining, pinch the inside corner area of your eyes, not hard but firm, briefly, to close the ducts after application.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X