Doctor insists on eye drops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor insists on eye drops

Now that my eye scab is gone I can start being proactive about my dry eye. I emailed my doctor many times about my dry eye and I asked him that I want something that would have long term relief rather than eye drops. He responded saying that eye drops are the best for treating dry eye. Should I trust him? I really don't like eye drops, they work for the first few minutes then make my eyes drier than before. I mentioned that to him but he insists to use eye drops as well as eye compresses.

So far for me I'm only relying on compresses and I don't want to use eye drops anymore. I asked him about the NAC supplement and he says little research has been done on it so he doesn't recommend it.

As far as I know my oils are too thick so they can't get out of my meibomian glands thus less oil is released. I have no debris on my eye lashes(Blepharitis). What else can you guys recommend? I want to have a better routine rather than just eye compresses. I tried to get help from my doctor but he just recommends eye compresses and drops.

If it was me i would ask him to put you on serum eye drops ...i got result day #1 ..If my doctor wouldn't want to change my treatment i would change the doctor:}
    Last edited by Dog2012; 29-Jun-2013, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog2012 View Post
      If it was me i would ask him to put you on serum eye drops ...i got result day #1 ..If my doctor wouldn't want to change my treatment i would change the doctor:}
      So what do Serum drops do? Is it just for temporary relief or does it does something like repair for long term relief?

Comment

Working...
      X