Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many vials of eye drops do you go through a day?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many vials of eye drops do you go through a day?

Hi All,

I was curious how many vials of preservative free lubricating eye drops do you go through in a day; and what has been the most cost-effective way of sourcing them?

Regards,

Roland Mak.
    18.18%
    9.09%
    3-4
    27.27%
    4-6
    0%
    >6
    45.45%

Five years ago when my eyes were at their worst, I used 4-5 vials a day. Now I only use 1 or 2 at the most. I've bought drops (I can only use TheraTears) everywhere including the internet and in bulk, but don't remember whether it was any cheaper one way or the other. When I used 4 or 5 a day, I bought them in bulk online. Now I just buy them at the drugstore. TheraTears quit making vials with caps that will snap back on, so I've had to buy brands I don't use just for the caps and end up throwing the rest away. I am very careful not to use the drops from the same vial for more than one day, and also sterilize the caps. Very wasteful though.

Comment

My mission is to get to 1 vial a day!

Comment

Great poll!

At my worst I used 10-15 vials per day easily. My LASIK doctor is such aW#$^&$#^&#$^#&^&^

Now, I use Systane Ultra and Serum Tears throughout the day and nighttime ointment 2-3 times a day. I blow through a bottle of Serum tears every 3-4 days and a 1.5 boxes of Systane Ultra per week (it was 3 boxes before Serum Tears). I buy 3 tubes of night time ointment every month. I tried every drop known to man or woman. Systane Ultra by far is the best in my case. I keep them cold in my tumbler along with my Serum tears. I'm fairly new to this forum, but I've been sharing my experience, harmonica blues, and other tips at my blog. www.lasikdryeyeblues.com

Target sells the cheapest Systane in my town at 10.99 for a box of PF. I've also found deals on ebay occasionally.

Thanks
        Matthew

Comment

At the start I would say between 15 and 20..
          Now, I would say around 10. I am at 5 months post PRK/LASEK. I only use the gels or ultra lubricating ones. The daily ones just do not provide as much relief. I use Vitamin A paste at night. I have ups and downs.
          I really want to believe I will get even better. Hoping for a miracle!!

Comment

Working...
          X