new PF Artificial Tear in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new PF Artificial Tear in Canada

Just thought I'd mention this new drop I found in case anyone wants to try it:

i-drop PM - 20 single dose vials of 0.3ml each (they can be re-closed like most of the other PF drops on the market though!!)

Active ingredients:
    Glycerine 2.0 mg/ml
    Sodium Hyaluronate 3.0 mg/ml

Good to know Saag, I live in the states, but will see if available here, so disappointed when you cant reclose the drops, I know that they are just single use, but I'm wasting drops, with how often I'm putting them in, I need reclosable droppers. How do you like these drops?

Comment

They're pretty good - the only reason I tried them was because I was hoping that they'd be thick enough to be an alternative to ointment when sleeping... due to my travel plans, I'd like the option of going to sleep on a plane without having to resort to ointment, which I can't wash off when I awake. Unfortunately though, it looks like I'll have to continue to make do with regular drops for sleeping on planes, and just hope I wake up often enough to re-lubricate (ie. these new ones don't seem to be a benefit over my other drops for that purpose).

Comment

Sagg how are you doing these days? Still on restasis and serum? Lids good ?!

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
          Sagg how are you doing these days? Still on restasis and serum? Lids good ?!
          Same old, same old

Comment

Hi saag,

Found a website from ursapharm. A company that carries a quite interesting range of otc dry eye products.
            They're located in germany and to my understanding they do not operate in the usa and canada. Not sure though.

Go to www.ursapharm.de/en/products/ and than to the section opthalmology.
            I hope you can find the website,because its not very easy to find. When there its easy,because you can shift the language to english.

Curious what your opinion is on this range of products!

Patrick...
            Last edited by patrick; 01-Mar-2014, 02:07. Reason: Misspelling

Comment

Originally posted by SAAG View Post
              Just thought I'd mention this new drop I found in case anyone wants to try it:

i-drop PM - 20 single dose vials of 0.3ml each (they can be re-closed like most of the other PF drops on the market though!!)

Active ingredients:
              Glycerine 2.0 mg/ml
              Sodium Hyaluronate 3.0 mg/ml

Is it possible to buy i-drop in the USA? And what are the inactive ingredients of these drops?

Thank you, and wish you all a good weekend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by patrick View Post
                Hi saag,

Found a website from ursapharm. A company that carries a quite interesting range of otc dry eye products.
                They're located in germany and to my understanding they do not operate in the usa and canada. Not sure though.

Go to www.ursapharm.de/en/products/ and than to the section opthalmology.
                I hope you can find the website,because its not very easy to find. When there its easy,because you can shift the language to english.

Curious what your opinion is on this range of products!

Patrick...
                I really like Ursapharm products, they are all preservative and phosphate free. Unfortunately, not available in the USA

My favorite is Hylo-Gel

active ingredients: sodium hyaluronate 0.2% (2 mg/ml)

inactive ingredients: citrate buffer, sorbitol, purified water

http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...care/hylo-gel/
                Last edited by glimmer-of-hope; 01-Mar-2014, 13:15.

Comment

QUOTE=glimmer-of-hope;89462]I really like Ursapharm products, they are all preservative and phosphate free. Unfortunately, not available in the USA

My favorite is Hylo-Gel

active ingredients: sodium hyaluronate 0.2%
                  Yes, these products are by far the best! I prefer Hylo-Comod. Use it frequently during the day. It is only sold by the opticians, not in pharmacies. But there is also a new si ilar drop now with hylo amd with the similar preservative bottle device, and that is ADD1 from a Swedish company Consol. It is a new favorite.
                  The only other drop I can use except these are Viscotears, but they are in single vials and tverefore more combersome to bring. I use them in tve night, and when I wake up.

inactive ingredients: citrate buffer, sorbitol, purified water

http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...care/hylo-gel/[/QUOTE]

Comment

They also carry otc ointments specifically for (posterior) blepharitis.
                    Never seen these before. I guess its fairly new to the market.
                    Very curious how effective these could be. Although the company is located in germany which is very nearby these products are not available here?!
                    Some of their drops are available here.( Otc at the pharmacie) but not the whole range.
                    Very curious what the hylo parin drop does. Contains heparin which they claim helps to speed up the healingproces of the irritated corneal surface....
                    Last edited by patrick; 01-Mar-2014, 05:09.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I’m surprised these products are hard to get in the Netherlands! In central Europe they are available in every pharmacy. You said they carry just a few, not the whole range – you can try to ask if a pharmacy can order some other for you, maybe they are available in other city in your country… Who knows, it’s possible Or try online pharmacies.

You asked about the ointments and HYLO-PARIN. I guess I tried almost the whole range of their products and my eyes are ok with HYLO-COMOD and HYLO-GEL, but when the drops contain something more than sodium hyaluronate (like heparin, glycerol etc.) it’s not so soothing (when compared to HYLO-GEL) and stings a little (but not like Restasis But my eyes are quite damaged from recurrent corneal erosions and MGD so it might be the reason why some drops sting on my cornea.

On the other hand, I like URSAPHARM ointments, they contain something more than the American ointments that are usually just mineral oil and white petrolatum (paraffin).

VITAMIN A-POS
                      active: 250 I.U./g retinyl palmitate (vitamin A)
                      inactive: liquid paraffin, light liquid paraffin, wool fat, white soft paraffin

http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...care/vita-pos/

PARIN-POS
                      active: 1.300 I.U./g sodium heparin
                      inactive: liquid paraffin, wool fat, white soft paraffin

http://www.ursapharm.de/en/products/...are/parin-pos/

I tried both, my eyes are ok with heparin in the ointment.

Have a good weekend!!!
                      Last edited by glimmer-of-hope; 01-Mar-2014, 13:33. Reason: link

Comment

Hello,

No,none of these products are available here. Strange.
                        Even emailed the local pharmacy and asked if they could order it directly at ursapharm. They didn't even bother to answer me.

Did use hylo-comod previously. Best lubricating drop i used till this point. I'd like to try hylo- forte,but this is not available here. I think hylo-gel is somewhat similar and this is available in the netherlands.

I am also very curious about the following products;
                        www.ursapharm.de/en/products/care/posiformin2%/
                        www.ursapharm.de/en/products/care/sophtal-pos/

Any experience with these?

For saag: would you be interested in trying these products and share your experiences? If i can get a hold of them i can easily send them to you.
                        For free of course. They're all otc and not all that expensive to.

Thought this is an interesting article;
                        www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/pmc3501175

Patrick
                        Last edited by patrick; 03-Mar-2014, 03:54.

Comment

For saag: would you be interested in trying these products and share your experiences? If i can get a hold of them i can easily send them to you.
                          For free of course. They're all otc and not all that expensive to.
                          Thanks for the offer, but it's ok... I'll wait and see if they are ever available here for now. Too much on my plate anyhow...
                          Last edited by SAAG; 10-Jan-2022, 21:49.

Comment

SAAG,

I hope you are thinking about creating a blog. We need to read about it!!

I am thinking about a trip to Asia this summer... let's have a meeting =))

Comment

Hello,

No,none of these products are available here. Strange.
                              Even emailed the local pharmacy and asked if they could order it directly at ursapharm. They didn't even bother to answer me.

Did use hylo-comod previously. Best lubricating drop i used till this point. I'd like to try hylo- forte,but this is not available here. I think hylo-gel is somewhat similar and this is available in the netherlands.

I am also very curious about the following products;
                              www.ursapharm.de/en/products/care/posiformin2%/
                              www.ursapharm.de/en/products/care/sophtal-pos/

Any experience with these?
                              Hi Patrick,

I’m sorry I haven’t tried any of these two products.

You mentioned Hylo-Forte. What is it? I didn’t find it on the Ursapharm website, but I find it here:

http://www.scopeophthalmics.com/?ECP...y-eye-products

I guess it’s the same thing like Hylo-Gel (the active ingredient is the same), just a different name.

Comment

Working...
                              X