This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thealoz Duo??

Doess anyone of you use these drops?if so,what can u say about it when compared with other artificial tear drops. i was using systane but i think i ll buy these ones next are they better or same?

I use Thealoz duo and I am very happy with them compared to other sodium hyaluronate based eye drops. Thealoz has another ingredient called trehalose, which provides longer effectiveness in eye surface.

Comment

Hey there drytc1, Thealoz Duo is one of the two drops I use, the other being Refresh Optive (though I'm giving Refresh Optive Mega-3 a try also).

I really like the fact that the 10 mL bottle is still preservative-free due to the advanced filter design. The Thealoz single-use vials are preservative free too of course, but they're truly single-use only— there's no way to slip the cap back on, which is possible with the Refresh vials. I know you're not supposed to do that, but I don't like to be wasteful, and I figure as long as I use the rest of it quickly and carefully it'll be fine.

As chuto mentioned, there is decent evidence for the ingredient trehalose having a protective effect on the eye's surface. Subjectively, I find the drops soothing, and when my eyes are red they seem to help more than others.

Fwiw, Refresh Optive Mega-3 also contains trehalose, but it's not listed as an active ingredient.

Comment

I agree with you. i have been using thealoz duo like 1 month and it is much more effective and soothing than other sodium hyaluronate based drops.trehalose is a substance which some bacteria that can live under low water levels can produce.so it makes sense and it is has anti oxidant effects as well. i recommend thealoz duo..

Comment

Working...
        X