This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye drops make eyes worse

Hello I have been using celluvisc 1% eye drops and blephaclean wipes and warm compress but I have notice that my eyes are starting to hurt. I have only been using them for nearly 3 weeks so could it be my eye getting use to the treatment. I have told my eye doctor about this but he dissmed it and said it won't cause the pain. I dont usually get pain I only get irriated and itchy eyes from dry eye and blepharitis. Could anyone help me.

Have you tried any other brands of eye drops or wipes? I have sensitivities to a lot of active & inactive ingredients. Maybe as you said, it could be the treatments itself...not necessarily the products, but if you may be irritation caused by how you are using the wipes, warm compress temperature? So many factors could be involved. You said your doctor dismissed the NEW symptoms saying it "won't cause the pain." Did he/she have suggestions? Have you tried other lid wipes or eye drops? Three weeks and now NEW PAIN that isn't being addressed as a problem makes me wonder why the doctor isn't trying change or add/delete current method of treatment.

Comment

Have tried http://www.drugstore.com/bion-tears-...owViewpoints=1

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Heel-Oculoheel...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Hi Richo,

It’s strange that your doctor didn’t find a reason why your eyes are worse now. But some doctors feel offended when you want to change the treatment or sometimes even if you have some questions… I know it from my experience here in the USA…

I was wondering if you use something with preservatives – they can irritate your eyes. But I know that neither Celluvisc nor Blephaclean wipes have preservatives. I use both and didn’t have any problems with these particular eye products. I just use Blephagel (preservative-free) more often than the wipes cause it’s cheaper But as I said the wipes didn’t worse my eyes.

hmm, could it be that the compresses are too hot? I read that some people have inflamed eyes when the compresses are too hot. My eyes get a little red after compresses. Btw how often and for how long do you do the compresses?

Then I was wondering what the weather is like? Dry or wet? Was there a change? My symptoms always get worse when the weather is too dry.

Try to remember if there was some other change in something else… Who knows… Our eyes are sometimes very strange. And unfortunately the doctors are sometimes not very helpful Well, maybe ask another doctor for an opinion. There might be something that your doctor overlooked…

Comment

My naturopath gave me the oculoheel drops. I love them, they are PF and more natural. They cost more tho (in Canada) so I only use them sometimes. I would also try refresh optive sensitive too.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
              My naturopath gave me the oculoheel drops. I love them, they are PF and more natural. They cost more tho (in Canada) so I only use them sometimes. I would also try refresh optive sensitive too.

Yes they are great !!

Comment

I can't use celluvisc either, richo. It was recommended by my former eye doctor, and I couldn't stand to have it in my eyes. A very uncomfortable feeling. Good luck to you. I think most of us have tried every drop on the market, and even then keep trying. Good luck!

Comment

I have not tried so many eye drops, but I tried Celluvisc and I can also say that they did not make my eyes feel very good.

Comment

There is a product called Hylo tears that is gentler than most with minimal ingredients but I can't tolerate drops at all (another story for another day). I got mine from Chemist Direct because they ship internationally, although there are other sites as well.

http://www.scopeophthalmics.com/?ECP...y-eye-products

If you find that drops are making you worse, then by all means do not put in more drops. Serum tears can work for those who are ultra sensitive to drops since they are pretty close to (but still not) a natural tear composition. It's more therapy than it is a rewetting drop. My insurance will not cover them ($150 for a quarter's supply) but some of the European posters on here may get them at lower cost.

Comment

Try Hylo. I find they are great. You use the 3 times a day. In between Hylo I use Systane Ultra Perservative free. I have tried celluvisc as well as many others. I couldn't use celluvisc - they were too irritating.

Comment

Working...
                      X