This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genteal

i have not been using a night ointment, but picked up some genteal. I use retaine in the day. I am not fond of ointments, and I usually have a decent night. Genteal is an oldie. Any thoughts about it and mgd?

I'm assuming you bought the Genteal Severe Dry Eye Gel? For me, this was the ONLY one of all drops, gels, or ointments that gave me some temporary relief when I had virtually zero tear film due to severe MGD and aqueous deficiency. It's not as thick as ointments, but lasts longer in the eyes than drops, and provided a good barrier to indoor and outdoor environmental factors. It gave me a moist, soothing feeling that nothing else could. I used it both day and night. I honestly feel I could not have made it through those toughest years without this little tube giving me some relief and sanity.

FYI, it's supposed to be preservative-free in the eye (and it uses a more preferred preservative than BAK), however I've read a few people eventually developed an allergic reaction to it over time. I have not had any problems with it, and I used it several years.

https://dryeyeshop.com/collections/d...ts/genteal-gel

Comment

Working...
    X