Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preservative free night time gel?

Hi All

I currently use Systane Gel - Intensive Gel Shield at night and it really helps but I really want to find a preservative free gel similar to the Systane. I use the Systane PF Ultra UD drops during the day but they are not enough to see me through the night. The preservative is Polyquad so not quite as bad as BAK (?) but I need to use it once or twice at night and don't want to risk any tear film issues from long term preservative use. I've used Lacrilube and Viscotears and hate both of them.

To my knowledge (at least in the US) there are no PF gels. (Genteal gel has a preservative too.) There are several PF ointments but based on your post you must not like them.

For the past few weeks, I've been using Refresh Celluvisc drops at night. They are very thick and gel-like and are also PF. You may want to try these if you haven't already.

Comment

Hylo has a preservative free drop that they call a gel. I don't think it's as thick as the Systane though

Comment

I use HyloGel (it's preservative-free) and I prefer it to everything else. I live in Canada and special order it thru Shoppers Drug Mart. It's made by a German company so I would assume it's available in other European countries.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks everyone. All the Hylo products are available on the UK so will give it a go. I used Hylocare and wasn't keen but it has slightly different formulation. The NHS current drop of choice seems to be HyloForte but
          I prefer the PF Systane Ultra.

Comment

Hey, I have just started using vismed multi during day and it's really great. They do a pf gel too which I am going to try for night time, Cath
            27, pinguecula, dry eye, Wirral, UK

Comment

Working...
            X