Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement for Hypotears?

Hi Everyone

​I recently discovered this site and was surprised to learn that so many of us suffer from this awful dry eye condition. As I read some of your posts I was shocked to learn that so many of you are having a very difficult time after having eye​ surgery. My heart goes out to those of you who are in this situation.

​My dry eye condition was caused by ​injuries sustained from​ a logging accident back in the late seventies. I have been using Hypotears drops and ointment ever since. Hypotears ointment was discontinued several years ago and now Hypotears drops has been discontinued. I have tried a number of other eye drop products, but nothing I have tried has come close to the instant relief I experienced with Hypotears. My search for a suitable replacement has been frustrating, I get a lot of irritable side effects that can last for up to fifteen minutes.
    ​​
    I would love to hear from anyone who was using Hypotears like I had been for years. Were you able to find a suitable replacement?

Thank you so much

You can try using Rebecca's guide to drops found here: http://www.dryeyezone.com/encycloped...lpha#ListAlpha

I accessed this list by going to the home page for the Dry Eye Zone and then clicking on Encyclopedia. It's a great resource.

Anyway, if you scroll down on the link I pasted above, you'll see that Rebecca has grouped the drops by ingredients so you can see what's most similar to Hypotears.

Good luck. I hope you find something that works for you.

Comment

Thanks for that link spmcc! Had seen it before but not bookmarked it.

Comment

Thanks spmcc.

I'm going to try Refresh lubricant drops, they are a close match to my old brand of Hypotears. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Comment

I wanted these artificial tears too ,because they are ( were) the only ones hypotonic! Our dry eyes have increased osmolarity and adding eye drops which are hypertonic or even isotonic ( sterile saline is isotonic,for example) makes our eyes worst...i am a doctor myself and have sever dry eyes and i have great pains & blurred vision and i keep trying finding some arrificial tears who actually could moisture my eyes without side effects... Thera Tears are the only ones on the market formulated as hypotonic...unfortunately for me i,m allergic to the main ingredient,but you can try them. Also the newest products formulated like emulsions have some hypotonic properties,they worth a try ( Retain in rhe US and Cationorm in Europe ) .

Comment

Working...
          X