Thera Tears question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thera Tears question

I've been experimenting with TheraTears lately in the hopes that it might reduce the osmolarity of my tears, and therefore improve my dry eye...just wondering what you guys think...

I've been using it approximately 4 times per day (using 3-4 drops in each eye over a 15 minute period each time)... and in between I've been using mainly Systane Ultra, Refresh Ultra, or Blink (lots of experimenting going on these days... what can I say...)

Questions:
    My understanding of the main benefit of Theratears is its ability to reduce the osmolarity of the tears, and therefore improve wettability, and therefore improve dry eye symptoms eventually...) BUT,

Will Theratears still be able to reduce the osmolarity of my tears if I'm not using it exclusively?

I haven't been using Theratears exclusively because it doesn't make my eyes feel as comfortable as the Systane Ultra. With the Theratears, my eyes still look a bit red, and feel a bit irritated... but after a few doses of Systane Ultra, the whites of my eyes are almost perfectly white, and feel pretty good (for 10-15 minutes, anyhow...)

I'd put up with the minor irritation from the Theratears and just use it exclusively if I was sure that I wouldn't be doing any harm by using it so often (I'd have to use it every 10-15 minutes all day)... but their website recommends only using it 4 times per day... so... what should I do??

I'm also considering a trial of Dwelle... (but posted my questions on THAT in a different thread!).

SAAG,

I just started Dwelle last night so I will try to keep you updated on my progress with it.

Tell me, do you know if you have SPKs or anything on the cornea? I have mild SPK at the moment and Dwelle doesn't burn like crazy or anything, just a mild stinging upon instillation.

I ask that question of you because I do not believe that TheraTears or any of the other store-brand stuff does what Dr. Holly's drops do. I think that Dr. Holly's concept of pulling water out of the cornea and holding it on the surface is grand, and I do not believe TheraTears can do this. By locking water onto the surface, stuff like SPK can gradually reduce over time. Just a thought.

- Rose

Comment

SPK = Superficial punctuate keratopathy?? ( I googled it, because I wasn't familiar with the abbreviation )

I haven't been told I have that... but who knows!

Comment

Yes, superficial punctate keratitis. I immediately Googled the heck out of it once I got my LASIK records and saw that I had a "grade 1" of it. Horrified me at first but I think it just means dry spots on the cornea. Of course still a big deal but it doesn't mean my eyes are going to roll out of my head...yet!

I liked the Dwelle yesterday. Haven't had to use any today but I presume later on I might. Big day at work with lots of stress you know...

- Rose

Comment

Working...
        X