X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucithalmic eye drops - posterior blepharitis

Hi!

I got an diagnosis yesterday:

posterior blepharitis because of a skin disorder..

I got Fucithalmic eye drops, will this work, and how long time before I notice an improvment?

I have used it for 1 day, but no difference yet...

redandsensitive
    The cure: be open minded

Hi

Send you PM.

Comment

I've never heard of it. Is it similar to AzaSite ? What did your dr say? If it penetrates into the MGs and acts directly maybe it is more effective than the other well known treatments.

Comment

Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
        I've never heard of it. Is it similar to AzaSite ? What did your dr say? If it penetrates into the MGs and acts directly maybe it is more effective than the other well known treatments.
        I don't know about that, all i know is that it's working great! I'm 70% better after 1 week using it. But I'm also using NAC and a LOT of other supplements... So maybe all this has a role to play?!

Damn, it's good to feel normal again! Hope it last....

Comment

I'm happy for you that you feel back to normal again! I haven't experienced that since last year. I have posterior blepharitis and have only tried conventional treatment (warm compresses, lid massage) and recently started Minocycline 100mg/day.

My dry eye started as evaporative dry eye and with time, it became aqueou-deficent too. What happened in your case ? Was it only irritation and disconfort caused by your MGD ? or besides that...Did you have dry eye? I mean, I can really feel my eyes DRY and seriously doubt they could recover in just 1 week assuming my case is similar to yours ( young male, rosacea, acne...)

If so, I will write down the name of that drop and ask my Dr about it next time I see him.

Comment

That is FANTASTIC news!!! What dosing regimen did your doc put you on for the Fucithalmic??

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
              It can be difficult to determine what it is that is making the difference but just to feel better can be like a medicine in itself!

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
                I don't know about that, all i know is that it's working great! I'm 70% better after 1 week using it. But I'm also using NAC and a LOT of other supplements... So maybe all this has a role to play?!

I thought Fucithalmic was an antibiotic for eyeinfections ? Is it something you should use everyday now ? Or is it something you should use a mounth or 2 and than stop ? I have heard of steroids for 2 mounths can stop inflammation maybe it is like that. i guess all antibiotisc and steroids stops inflammation (when you take them), Have you tried anything like this before ?

what is NAC ?

Comment

Hi Sanna

I know you are responding to `Redandsensitive' but if I could just endorse your concern. I used Fucithalmic and it certainly helped me when my eyes were bad. However, the doctor did stress that it wasn't wise to use it long term without any breaks because it can irritate the eye.

Fusidic acid is an anti-bacterial eye preparation. The type I used was in the form of a gel - this was messy to use and it was all too easy to instil too much into the eyes.

Comment

NAC is a supplement Just search it here on the board..

The day I did write the post about my eyes being so great, well.... It was just that day.
                    The antibiotic ointment don't work at all!

I don't have pain in my eyes, but I feel that they are dry, and they are sooo red. I just don't know what to do anymore. I just want to get that laser operation to get my eyes white again, nomatter what!!

Comment

An old thread, but wanted to know, what kind of laser operation will be able to get your eyes white again?
                      Is there even such a laser?

/Also extremely red from ocular rosacea and dry eyes

Comment

Working...
                      X