This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doxy Drops

Has anyone here been on doxycycline eyedrops?

If so, for how long, and with what results?

Thanks in advance.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

I have never even heard of these drops.
    Rebecca are these new?

Comment

Concept's been around for awhile.

There is an ongoing clinical trial. I think that Dr. Pflugfelder's group at Baylor are closely involved. I'm not really up to speed on it but interested.

I think that like dhea the drops can be had from Leiter's (if the physician is willing to prescribe them).
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

I just got doxy eye drops and have been on them for a few days. So far I haven't noticed anything. They're pricey, too, about $50 a bottle.

Comment

Thanks, ericdinn. If you could let us know in a month or two whether you see any changes that would be great!!
          Rebecca Petris
          The Dry Eye Foundation
          dryeyefoundation.org
          800-484-0244

Comment

I'm on them right now. I have my insurance pay for a portion of it.
            This is the 3rd time I'm doing the 3 week course ( I just started 3 days ago) My dr decided to put me in it again b/c I was having the worst dry eyes symptoms that I've ever had. The burning went away quickly but I still feel the strain in the back on my neck, face and headaches. I use the drops 3-4 times a day.
            The first time I used the drops 1 a day only for 21 days and even like that I got results.
            I have bad MGD I think so it helps with that.
            Oral anitbiotics are not a option for me so I have to treat it locally (even though I'm not a fan of antibiotics)
            Dr eyes caused by long term contact lens wear

Comment

Doxy Drops

So basically are these drops just like an anitbiotic eye drop, do they relieve inflammation? Hmmmmmmmm, might as well try these too, I don't think they will ever find a cure for me Ciao D

Comment

Dalilah,
                Try the drops for 3 weeks. You are supposed to see by the second week if it is helping. Do you have bad MGD?
                I have to say though that the first time I've tried them I got betetr results that this time around. But the first time I've try them I had relief for several months.

Comment

Thank-you

I will see if the eye doc in Salt Lake will write out a perscription for them so I can get them through Leiters, I've gotta give it a try, I am now using nothing but preservative free eye drops just for moisture. Thanks again D

Comment

Delilah,
                    Good luck! The drops may sting a little. Have you tried oral antibiotics (oral Doxy)?

Comment

Doxy Drops

Hello Rebecca:
                      I think that Dr. Latakany will start me on the drops next week. I am traveling this week and as expected nothing else has helped me so we will try them. I also heard that I should try Rhoto Drops?
                      Do you know about them?
                      LEt me know.
                      Be well.

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris
                      Has anyone here been on doxycycline eyedrops?

If so, for how long, and with what results?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X