This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving my Lacriserts!

I'm now in my third month with Lacriserts, and so glad I asked my eye doctor about them. I have MGD and evaporative dry eye for which nothing has done much good - plugs, probing, restasis, Azasite, drops, gels, etc. They typically burn and tear beginning in midday and get much worse in the afternoon and evening. Lacriserts have made a huge difference - I'm much more comfortable during the day, and if I need to, I put in another in each eye in the late afternoon to get me through to bedtime. Like everything else, they don't work for everyone, and they're not cheap, but so far they've helped more than anything I've thrown at this awful condition. I still use Refresh nighttime ointment (Target has a store brand) whenever I feel the need; I'm also taking doxycycline (which I am never sure helps, but my doctor insists) and also tacrolimus, the anti-inflammatory drop that I think makes some difference, not sure how much. I would recommend a trial of Lacriserts to anyone in this situation.

I've tried it but it makes my eye red, blurry and sensitive to light. If only there was a way to cut them in half, but then they are not sterile.

Comment

Thanks for posting this bostoneye. My symptoms and situation are very similar to yours so I think I can try this out to see if it helps. Are you from Boston? Have you visited Dr Korb by any chance?

Comment

Working...
      X