This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• n acetylcysteine burn like hell!

I should have said n acetylcysteine eye drops burn like hell and turn my eye red. Is this normal?

n acetylcysteine drops? This really exists?
    Sorry to hear that but I had the same experience over the weekend with azyter. For some drops it's normal. I suppose it's the result of our bad ocular surface.

Comment

Hi Dave,

I've been using acetylcysteine for about a year in my right eye. It does 'burn' for a very short time, usually no more than 15 seconds. But for me this is a good thing because it actually masks my other eye pain. I've also noticed that if i get acetylcysteine on my eyelid, it too burns, and reddens. But this lasts far longer than fifteen seconds. Fortunately i can wipe it away quickly enough to obviate this result. If not i just tap the affected area with Tobradex and all symptoms go away.

Best of luck
      -PHil

Comment

Originally posted by plendid View Post
        Hi Dave,

I've been using acetylcysteine for about a year in my right eye. It does 'burn' for a very short time, usually no more than 15 seconds. But for me this is a good thing because it actually masks my other eye pain. I've also noticed that if i get acetylcysteine on my eyelid, it too burns, and reddens. But this lasts far longer than fifteen seconds. Fortunately i can wipe it away quickly enough to obviate this result. If not i just tap the affected area with Tobradex and all symptoms go away.

Best of luck
        -PHil
        I took my drops back to the compound pharma thinking that maybe the ph was off as I was told the drops should not burn as bad as they do. When I got the drops back they still burn like hell. I mean really bad like my eyes close and I cant open them for at least a minute or two. My right eye turns cherry red and stays that way for a few hours. Despite this I actually noticed that my eyes feel better at night after all the burning subsides. So I guess I will struggle with the drops once per day for a while.

Comment

Working...
        X