This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, one more rebamipide post, but good news

Hello! Doc here, back from the dead. (Actually from a move from DC to GA--a much more dry-eye-friendly environment, by the way. Boy, does moving stink, just in case you haven't done that lately...)

The old rebamipide thread was getting a bit stale, so I started another--I hope you'll forgive me. Wanted to let you know that I had a "Motrin (ibuprofen) challenge" under the watchful eye of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, and my face blew up just like I described in my earlier message. In other words, I have indeed developed an allergy to Motrin, and rebamipide appears to likely be an innocent bystander.

So, good news, I think: I am allergic to Motrin/ibuprofen, NOT to rebamipide. Kind of stinks that I am not on the rebamipide, anymore, but at least you can scratch one person off of the rebamipide allergy list. Strange still, that GJ and I had the same reaction while on the same drug, and it IS possible that the rebamipide (which works by affecting prostaglandin, as does Motrin) somehow "sensitized" me to the Motrin, but the bottom line is that Motrin was the main culprit here, and possibly the only one.

--Erik

Erik,

I'm sorry about your swollen face and reaction to IB, but thank goodness!!!! It is very good news to me. I have been concerned about those reactions. Thanks for posting and hang in there in this new location. I know moving can be painful...it'll only get better from here.

Diana
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Moving

Hello again, Eric. Thanks for posting that. So you are noticing the difference from DC to GA. The humidity? Less pollution? I take it the air conditioning is not bothering you all that much down there.
      That is interesting.
      Moving - avoiding it like the plague!

Comment

Nice to see you Erik, and to know you survived the move! I'm glad to hear that the source of the drug reaction was pinned down. The saga goes on. I hope we can get some news before long on how the Rebamipide trials are progressing.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
        X