X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personalised eye drops from blood

Hi Guys,

I have been nagging my opthalmologist for help, as I am running out of artificial tears that make a difference. Our new project to start soon is an eye drop made up out of my own blood. Apparently my blood is spun down and used to make the drop and it is suppose to be quite good for the cornea. So I will keep you all up to date to see how it goes?
    On another note, my 18 year old friend just had his left eye removed due to an abscess that formed behind it, possibly due to poorly treated conjunctivitis. It was removed very quickly as apparently it can spread along the optic nerve and cause severe brain damage or death.
    So once I heard this news I thought well maybe my dry eyes arn't quite as bad as I suspected, unfortunately there always seems to be someone else in a worse situation.
    Wish me luck with the new drops!
    P.S Have seen the shocking weather you have been suffering, my thoughts are with all those that have lost someone or their homes.
    Jo

JoM,

I think the serum drops you are referring to are a great idea. Homes and I have both used them and have posted on our experiences. Do keep us up-to-date on you progress with them. I definitely thought this summer that they were helping me a great deal. They had become my drop of choice. Still, both Homes and I did develop infections from them, which is a risk involved in blood serum. It's hightly susceptible to contamination. Still, mine was easily treated and I've resumed using them since my eyes cleared up.

My favorite thing to tell dry eye patients is that everything is worth trying. Everything. So, give it a shot and keep us posted.

Thank you for kind word regarding our recent disaster. All of our hearts are breaking. We've lost citizens and some very special places.

Dianat
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

^ what she said. i think it's definitely worth a try if they are accessible to you. susceptibility to infection is a small trade off, imo.

Comment

Working...
      X