• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebamipide Time Schedule

Hi all-

Just came across this on clinicaltrials.gov:

Study Type: Interventional
    Study Design: Treatment, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo Control, Parallel Assignment, Safety/Efficacy Study

Official Title: Rebamipide Ophthalmic Suspension in the Treatment of Dry Eye: A Multicenter, Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled, Parallel-Group, 52 Week Study

Further Study Details:
    Primary Outcomes: fluorescein corneal staining (FCS) total score at week 12 and the average primary ocular discomfort (POD) severity score at week 12
    Secondary Outcomes: fluorescein corneal staining (FCS) total score at week 26 and the average primary ocular discomfort (POD) severity score at week 26
    Expected Total Enrollment: 740
    Study start: May 2004; Expected completion: July 2007
    Last follow-up: January 2007; Data entry closure: April 2007

There is a need for effective therapy for dry eye that treats the underlying cause of the syndrome. The goal of this study is to assess the impact of rebamipide on dry eye symptom.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Does this mean that 2007 is the earliest possible landmark for this drug?
    Well, considering the fact that diquafosol should have been on the market by the first quarter of 2004 I am really beginning to be dissapointed in investigational drugs...
    So glad I am having my sclerals!
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.
Working...
X