X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No go for Diquafosol

Inspire Announces Receipt of FDA Approvable Letter for Diquafosol
    DURHAM, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 2, 2005--Inspire Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: ISPH) announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued a second approvable letter for diquafosol tetrasodium ophthalmic solution.

The FDA approvable letter included the following statement: "The submitted clinical studies fail to demonstrate adequate replication of results for the efficacy endpoints and therefore are insufficient to establish efficacy. Based on our review of the submitted data, consistent findings of corneal clearing need to be demonstrated to support the efficacy of the drug product."

Christy L. Shaffer, Ph.D., President and CEO of Inspire, stated, "In the approvable letter, the FDA strongly encouraged us to meet with them to discuss how best to move forward with the application. We intend to request this meeting in the near future. In addition, our Joint Development Committee with Allergan will be meeting next week to discuss strategies for the program. We plan to provide an additional update on this program following the FDA meeting and discussions with Allergan."

Dr. Scott Whitcup, Executive Vice President, Research & Development of Allergan, Inc., commented, "We are committed to supporting Inspire's effort to secure approval for diquafosol. Though the development of pharmaceuticals to treat dry eye disease is challenging, we still believe that diquafosol could potentially provide a valuable addition to the spectrum of treatments available to patients suffering from dry eye."
    Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

So this med has been postponed again is that what they are refering to, they will have to do another study?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

conference call

If you want to listen to the conference call about this, unfortunately i cant coz my sounds broken at the mo.

http://www.vcall.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=98512
      I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Adjournment

That needs to be determined by the FDA/Inspirepharm talks. There is a chance they will apply with an european authority, apply for another drug indication (corneal wound healing), conduct another study or just be done with it.

Personally, the fact that the FDA have rejected them twice raises the impression that this drug might indeed not be one single bit more useful than sodium chloride (Water) in my eye...

We should count on other options.
        Dysfunctional Tear Syndrome ("Dry Eye Disease") is a bane of modern society.

Comment

Working...
        X