X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs hurting - how long?

I got plugs yesterday and I feel very unconfortable
    It's like the plugs sting my eyeballs when looking to the side or up/down.

I woke up with red vains in my right eye today and with pain, so I run to the doctor but he only gave me an antibiotic and said it shoud calm down.

How long does it take until the plug settles down and stop rubbing the eyeball?

I already had plugs ones and I asked to remove them as I couldn't get use to them, but I am really desperate now and want to wait a bit, but on the other hand I am afraid I'll get an infection...

In my experience, upper plugs do tend to be uncomfortable for awhile. I really did not feel lower plugs, but the anatomy of everyone's eye is different. The sensation should go away or be less bothersome.
    Lasik victim 2012

Comment

I had the same problem with the temp silicon type plugs. They felt like they rubbed my eyeball. I had them removed after two days.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        I had the same problem with the temp silicon type plugs. They felt like they rubbed my eyeball. I had them removed after two days.
        Same here...

Comment

Hi,
          I could not stand plugs like that either but there are so many other different types !!!
          From what you wrote you never lost intracanalicular plugs (the ones you can't see or feel) so why don't you ask to have one of those ? (try dissolvable ones, last 6 months)
          Even for the ones that stick out, there are also different sizes.
          On the left side, the intracanalicular ones kept migrating so right now I have a mini-plug that is supposed to stick out but that the doctor pushed in a bit for me not to feel it.
          As jax said earlier, the sensation should become less bothersome after a week, but if you can't stand them, there are so many different brands and types of plugs that there's definitely a solution for you.

Comment

Of course everyone is different. For me the uppers bothered me from insertion to removal (6 months). I tried dissolvable ones and they helped so I went with silicone on the bottoms (no problems) and cautery on the uppers. Time will tell, good luck...F/G

Comment

Working...
            X