Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flow Controller Feedback

Hi there.
    I started out with temporary plus and wow did my eyes clear up great and had a good balance of lubrication... then they dissolved and onto phase 2.
    I had Oasis plugs inserted.... it hardly helped at all. Then I had flow controllers inserted also 5 days ago... and my eyes will not stop tearing...I have tear overflow. It is really unconformable.
    The redness and inflammation of my eyes has gone away entirely. This is exciting as I typically before the plugs have chronic red under and around my eyes from the inflammation.. But the tear overflow is unbearable much longer....
    I am at work with tears streaming down my face. I am drying my eyes off with qtips and kleenex every minute... My dr told me that I need to give it at least 10 days for the little hose inside the flow controller to open up and start draining the tears.... He told me to be patient... Does this sound right? Because I have seen no improvement in the amount of tears flowing down my face.... It is quite distracting... and hard since I work in a high pressure environment at work... It is just as uncomfortable as burning eyes in a different way.....Any feedback appreciated.

Comment

Hi Julie and welcome!

Which Oasis plugs were put in? There's a couple of different types.

I wonder if some of the tear overflow is reflex tearing due to irritation. There are many reports of that here. So it really is worth giving it a bit more time for things to settle down.

Did you have flow controllers placed only in the lowers? If so, and if it doesn't work out, perhaps another possibility for you would be to have those removed and put plugs only in the uppers.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Reply to flow controllers

First, thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate the support.
        I am not sure what type of Oasis plugs were put in the lower.
        Now the uppers have the flow controllers.
        My dr was telling me that the last option is to put flow controllers in the lowers too so I have upper and lower flow controllers.
        I am almost wondering if I should have him remove the lower plugs and just keep the upper flow controllers.
        Does the upper tend to cause more overflow than the lower? Maybe if I just had those put in... I would manage.
        I just wish my eyes were always this clear without the overflow.
        How long do you think is typical for eyes to adjust?

Comment

update reply

Oh... I am not certain if the lower or upper has the flow controller and if the lower or upper has the plugs..
          I forgot...

Comment

Working...
          X