Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smart/punctum plug/cautery - what to do?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart/punctum plug/cautery - what to do?

My complaints started several years ago while wearing contact lenses. At certain point I couldn’t bare them no more and took them out permanently. I went to a dr. who said that I´ve had an allergic reaction to contact lenses. The ´fatty´ glands were disturbed, did not produce oil like they should, and as cause of this my tear film was of a bad quality. Because of the bad tear quality I´ve developed dry eyes.

In May 2012 I had an antibiotic salve and smart plugs inserted. I use an eye gel (liposic) and faketears (artelac). Recently symptoms got bad again (redness, irritation, burning, pain) and I returned to the doctor. I got antibiotics again and this time silicone plugs in February 2013. The plugs were inserted on Friday. I felt the plugs constantly and my eyelids turned red and swollen. On Monday they were taken out and I again got antibiotics.

This Tuesday I´m back for a check-up on how my eyelids are and for a discussion which plugs to put in next. And I honestly don´t know what to do. After reading this forum the smart plug doesn´t seem like such a good idea and I want to opt for cautery. Or perhaps another punctum plug (those with a cap on top) that is that subtle that I wouldn´t feel a thing.

Does anyone have experience similar to mine and found a plug with a cap they can live with?

Thanks for your reply. My apologies for any grammar mistakes and such, English is not my main language.
Working...
X