This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One red eye

I have one eye that gets super red, and doesn't really hurt but feels funny. I do have a plug in that eye, but it was happening before I had it put in. This morning I woke up with it feeling kinda weird and when I looked at it it was completely red had some discharge and I thought may have pink eye, the sclera was swollen also like allergies, has anyone else had this happen to them, its just that it's one eye, and I've read on here that some experience red eyes, but it's both. I have some Tobradex ointment I've put in a few times today, as the Dr cant see me until tomorrow night, it helps but still not clear. Just curious if others have one eye that acts up all the time?

Hi Mawsky
    I also only have one eye that is inflamed and the other one is pretty much normal. I am unsure whether you can have blepharitis in only one eye but for me it sure seems that way. My right eye is pretty much always red and the left one is white with no lid inflammation either. I also have plugs in both. Are you doing anything different lately that could have triggered the redness? Any new tears or supplements? Sometimes when I try new tears my eyes don't agree with my blepharitis will flare or if I am using compresses to much.. It may just be irritated from something. This happened to me last week but only lasted a day, it was painful though... I am still not sure what triggered it

Comment

Thanks for the response, I'm not sure either what is going on, I did get in to see my eye Doc today, of course I was treating it myself, because he couldn't fit me in yesterday, so I had gone a long way of clearing it up myself, I also found some lotemax that I used today, which really seemed to help, he said it looked swollen and still a bit red, he believes it is allergies, and I asked him "wouldn't that make both eyes red" and he said oddly enough it is usually just one eye that acts up, he did suggest that my right eye may be just a bit dryer than the left, as I told him it gets red off and on, and I usually put a drop or two of lotemax and it takes care of it. Needless to say he gave me a new RX for tobramax and lotemax so now my pocket book is a bit lighter...so expensive!! I can't imagine what it's like without insurance I don't have Blepharitis, just lack of tears, but when it gets sticky like that your would think it was bleph. I guess with it being spring and having little dogs that are out playing I may just pick it up from them. Hopefully my eye will calm down now. Do you use Steroid drops at all for your right eye? I know some people use them regularly, but it scares me to use them too much.

Comment

Could it be an infection ? I had one in my eye that gets more red even before plugs. infection was due to plug. chlorsig minms cleared it up nicely and plug removed. if i remember correctly tobrex has preservative which further may irritate eye.
        http://www.hymntime.com/tch/htm/a/l/l/t/allthings.htm

Comment

Mawsky is the red eye your DCR eye?

Comment

Mawsky, your doctor said that the allergy could show up in only one eye? I think my symptoms do have an allergic component as they started when I moved cities. I know I have blepharitis but maybe it could be sparked by something... some days I am good with NO symptoms, others its HORRIBLE. I still don't know what is causing it. I am trying food eliminations starting with wheat. I am only on day 3 and have already cheated! I am trying to treat this more from the inside as the root cause has to be something I am doing/eating? So far I am loving my serum which is good, but my eyes are still dry, when my lids are not inflammed my eyes are pretty much normal. This hasn't been the case lately and I also mainly only have symptoms in my right eye only!

Comment

Both of my eyes had the DCR, but my right is drier and more irritated most of the time, don't know why. But I really thought I may have had a slight infection because of the goopy eye, Doc still felt more likely Allergies and it is spring here so made sense. The little bit of Tobrodex and the lotemax cleared it up nicely.
              Originally posted by DCRdryeye View Post
              Mawsky is the red eye your DCR eye?

Comment

Originally posted by Faith1989 View Post
                Mawsky, your doctor said that the allergy could show up in only one eye? I think my symptoms do have an allergic component as they started when I moved cities. I know I have blepharitis but maybe it could be sparked by something... some days I am good with NO symptoms, others its HORRIBLE. I still don't know what is causing it. I am trying food eliminations starting with wheat. I am only on day 3 and have already cheated! I am trying to treat this more from the inside as the root cause has to be something I am doing/eating? So far I am loving my serum which is good, but my eyes are still dry, when my lids are not inflammed my eyes are pretty much normal. This hasn't been the case lately and I also mainly only have symptoms in my right eye only!
                Thats so weird Faith, maybe a right eye thing I do think that allergies may be at play with me too, but not sure, the steroid drops cleared mine right up, so that makes it more likely. My eyes are up and down too, some days are terrible, and I can't figure it out either, I wonder if it's just something in the air, and I go back over everything I've done lately to trigger it, like what I washed my face with, what makeup I used, ect..I feel like if I can figure it out than I can make it better. Good luck with the food thing, I hope you find some answers that work for you.

Comment

Mawsky,

I was on steroid/antibiotic eyedrops a couple years ago when I got one red eye (it started when I used a new brand of contacts, but it was weird that only the one eye got red even though I wore the contacts in both eyes). I just wanted to tell you that about a week after I discontinued the steroid drop, the redness came back. It was rebound redness, and I just needed to let it be...I got by on cold compresses and artif. tears) and then after another week or two the red went away. Just wanted to warn you that you might get a rebound like I did. Best wishes.

Zuzu

Comment

Working...
                  X