X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regression after plugs?

Hi,

I had lower silicone plugs put in about a month ago and experienced immediate relief from dry eye pain. However, my eyes started bothering me more than usual again in the recent days. After a dr's visit, my TBUT did go down to 3-4 sec with the plugs even though I used to be 7 s a month ago without the plugs

Has anyone else experienced regression after getting plugs installed? Could it be that my eyes adjusted to the plugs and decreased tear production via a neg feedback loop?

Thanks from St Louis,
    G

Do you have MGD? The problem is that patients with dry eye in general have a tear toxic, because it is full of inflammatory elements. This is more intense in those with MGD. Depending on the level of inflammation, you may get worse. After all, with the plug, these inflammatory elements are longer in the eye and on the eyelids. That is, inflammation ends up being larger.
    In my case, I put absorbable plugs of collagen. The few days they were there they just destroyed me. It was very intense. I'm still recovering.
    In short, you need to check how is the inflammation, especially on the eyelids, and control it.
    I do not know if my comments apply exactly to your case. Actually, I'm launching a hypotheses that probably explains what happened to me. Some doctors agree and others don't. It’s impossible to know what really had happened. I hope my words can help you.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I do feel like my eyelids/eyeball are inflamed. I developed MGD and aqueous deficiency after lasik in March 2013.

My right eye is in pain everyday, but thankfully my left is asymptomatic pain-wise.

Comment

Working...
      X