Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feeling a little scared & depressed . . . recautery possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling a little scared & depressed . . . recautery possible?

I posted a couple days ago about how I'm having trouble with my right eye again after the "permanent" cautery failed about a month ago. I don't blame my Dr - I don't know if I have super healing ability or what, but he had to do it several times for it to "take" in the first place, and that was about 4 years ago.

But recently, it became apparent that the right punctum reopened. My eyes were doing SO WELL for years . . . and now my right eye is killing me again.

I did just have eyelid surgery a week ago, so I know that is making things worse, but my right eye has been worsening over the past several weeks . . . since the punctum reopened.

Do you guys think a Dr would be willing, just because I ask, to re-cauterize it? I'm really worried.

Thanks all.

Hi,
    I think it is no Problem to repeat the cauterization.
    Placing a thin wire into the duct for a few seconds should be no big matter.
    An alternative may be to apply a punctum plug for a few weeks, to see if that makes a difference.
    But are you really sure, that the re-opened punctum is causing these troubles?
    If your eyes do produce not much aqueous tears, you may use more artif tears-gel to compensate low tears
    supply.

Comment

Originally posted by eyes78 View Post
      I posted a couple days ago about how I'm having trouble with my right eye again after the "permanent" cautery failed about a month ago. I don't blame my Dr - I don't know if I have super healing ability or what, but he had to do it several times for it to "take" in the first place, and that was about 4 years ago.

But recently, it became apparent that the right punctum reopened. My eyes were doing SO WELL for years . . . and now my right eye is killing me again.

I did just have eyelid surgery a week ago, so I know that is making things worse, but my right eye has been worsening over the past several weeks . . . since the punctum reopened.

Do you guys think a Dr would be willing, just because I ask, to re-cauterize it? I'm really worried.

Thanks all.
      Please don't worry! Re-cautery is not unheard of - if they can see a tiny hole where the puncta is, then they can probably give it another try. On the other hand, if they look at where the puncta used to be and there is no opening visible at all, then there is nowhere for them to put the cautery thing in, so they can't re-cauterize.

I had my left upper puncta re-cauterized about 3 times - the 3rd time it scarred over so much that they can no longer see where the puncta used to be - there is no opening to speak of. This is a good thing since at least I know it won't re-open now since the puncta has pretty much been obliterated.

Comment

Working...
      X