4 plugs and still dry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 plugs and still dry

I got upper plugs put in about a week ago..the first couple of days were good..some tears were overflowing but just the right side..but today my eyes are really dry and they hurt...should I go back to the eye doctor or wait?..i have another appointment coming up for contacts but i've only wore them once.

I'd give it a few weeks before going back.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Are you doing lid scrubs? If you have any kind of dysfunction of those oil glands you need to do the scrubs to get rid of the crud that stays on your eyelids. Baby shampoo and a q-tip work best for me. Give it a try. If my eye lashes are coated with that stuff, my tears do not flow.

Comment

how do I do these lid scrubs?

Comment

smb,
          I would give it a few more days. Plugs may not be the only solution, you may need other therapies to increase your comfort.

Comment

I have the same problem. Comfort only for 6 days.

Comment

Ya my eyes are worse than ever now after a couple months now.

Comment

plugs

I've had plugs put in my eyes quite a few years ago. At first they greatly helped my eyes. It took most of the red out, I had tears, but they slowly became less effective.

The eye dr said one in my right eye is not in there and that one is more red then the left, so not sure why he doesn't put it in again. It does help a little, but not like it used to when I first had them. Seems like they loose there effectiveness over time, that is at least my experience.

Comment

Working...
                X