Plug costs/insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug costs/insurance

Can anyone tell me how much this costs and if insurance covered it. My doctor says a couple more weeks and then we will start to experiment with this.

It may depend on your insurance and how your dr bills the procedure (i.e. office visit versus surgery, etc.)
    I can tell you that I have GREAT medical insurance and it just costs me my regular dr visit copay. Sometimes (since it took some tweaking for my plugs) my dr didn't even charge me for follow ups.
    Shoey

Comment

I had Lacrimedics 3-day, semi permanent and permanent plugs in all fours in early 2007. The price was about the same for both. 2 upper plugs were billed at $711 (a bit over $300 each). They were discounted to 406.14 ( a little over $200 each). The cost of care was 304.86. The health plan paid my doctor $289.86. I paid my $15 co-pay and the rest was written off. The entire thing came out to about $152.43 per plug including co-pay. Much depends on your health plan.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Working...
      X