This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can restasis hurt and other ?

My dry eyes come and go--in fact my TBUT was 10-12, which the doctor told me was good; however, I have trouble with my contacts and was thinking about trying restasis to help make my eyes moister for contacts.

Can one use restasis with contacts and are there any possible negative side effects if one's dry eyes are mild?

You can use Restasis with contacts, but you should instill it 15 minutes before you put in your contacts. From what I have read, Restasis works best for those with milder forms of dry eye. The worst that would happen is you will get side effects or it just won't work for you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

HI leonora

I read your sheet and from my personal point i would really recommend you to take restasis.

I never considered it, because I had mild dry eye.

Now my eyes got worse. still not severe, but worse.

and now I will try restasis.. but I really should have tried it earlier!!!

And since restasis has no bad sideeffects, do it!

Please tell me how it worked for you. I will start taking Restasis as soon as I get it from the U.S. and that will be in about a week...

We could keep in touch and tell each other how it works

Take care!

Comment

I'm wondering the same thing....I got a 8-9 on the Schirmer test and can get through the day ok w/ Theratears in vials 4x and Tranquileyes goggles at night (plus Genteal gel) but I have trouble wearing contacts also and would really like to improve the moisture situation enough to have them be comfortable for more than a few hours. I thought Restasis would only work for someone whose dry eyes were the result of infections or inflammation since isn't that what cyclosporine does -- quiet that sort of thing? Has anyone tried Restasis who just has a tear deficiency that isn't the result of something else?

Comment

Restasis

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since I've posted and I thought I'd give you all an update on my eyes. I've been on Restasis now for over 6 months, this is my second time using it and I am not sure if I see a difference? I still have the stringy mucus and I haven't been able to get another schrimmer test but I plan on going to the Moran Eye Center before winter hits us. I guess if my schrimmer tests have improved then Restasis is working, I've noticed a slight change when I awake in the morning, I can now open my eyes a bit more. The inside of my eyes were so dry I wasn't able to open them at all This dry eye is one of the worst things that has ever happened to me as far as all of my other ailments go, I never would of thought I'd get dry eye out of the blue, to top it off have MGD I am in desperate need of a sinus surgery that I cannot afford right now and I am wondering if that would help a lot with my eyes? I have to take a lot of psudaphed since my sinsues are always clogged and I can't breathe so I am wondering if that is one of the major causes to my eyes being so dry? I think I could live with dry eye in itself but it's the stringy mucus that still affects my daily living. I wish everyone the best of luck in finding relief. Ciao D

Comment

i have also problems with my nose & sinuses,mainly allergic,so i do know how it is not beeing able to breath...but i wonder if Restasis has somerhing to do about that,including in your case,because it is an imunosupressor...i would like to know Restazis if hurts and stings for hours in your eyes and burn inside the nose too? since you,re using it for many months...i am trying
            it for the second time wnd i don,t like it at all...

Comment

yes,it,s important to know your diagnose...Restasis is supposed to work on inflamation ( not infection!! ) which is happening to the eyes in autoimmune diseases like Sogren or lupus or rhumatoid artritis...Shirmer test only shows how many tears you have,not the cause of your dry eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X