This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis use & warm compress followed with cold

New here. I've been on restasis for 16 months and my eyes have gotten progressively worse since starting. I have MGD, Myopia OU, Astigmatism, Pseudophakia and a few other things. I can't go outdoors without much discomfort and just can't get any relief from drops, warm compresses ...etc. Is it possible the restasis is making my eyes worse and should I consider stopping restasis ? Also I am thinking of still doing the warm compresses and expressing my eyes but then apply cold compress to reduce any inflammation. Lastly could a steroid drop perhaps help give me some relief even if just for awhile.

Last edited by savino; 02-Sep-2016, 03:33.

Comment

Sorry about your situation tfinne. I myself didn't get much relief, but I've done well with Xiidra since it came out (Disclaimer: no financial interest with the company). I continue to find patients that tried and failed with Restasis who have done well with the new drop. It's nice to have something other then Restasis to try. I would recommend contacting your eye health professional and asking to try it. Also, yes, steroids would likely help calm things down a bit (depending on etiology and cause of inflammation). Just sounds like you need to be re-evaluated, and possibly change your current treatment plan.

Comment

Working...
      X