Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restasis for children? My son was just prescribed it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restasis for children? My son was just prescribed it.

He's 9, had dry eyes and mgd for 4.5 years. His doc today said artificial tears aren't helping, he has teleganctasia, redness in his eyes and papules on his inner lids as well as some allergies. I'm concerned about him being on Restasis. I used it years ago and it made my eyes much redder and never ended up helping. Any comments on this? Thanks.

With my experience kids can be cured/ treated easily. I wish it should be the natural way. (it is very fast cure without side affects too) Read my posts and contact naturopath will surely can help you.
    Raw eating cures all deceases.
    whole body cure is eye cure
    FOOD (Natural, chemical free), Environment (air, water, noise), Relaxed Mind makes decease free

Comment

Thanks, I am not sure about him being cured easily because he's been under a doctor's care for 4 years and hasn't gotten better at all. I did look at your posts and have committed to following an anti-inflammatory diet and am hoping that helps.

Comment

If its just solely allergies try antihistamine topical because that's what I got prescribed, but then had to move onto a mast cell stabiliser. This may help him with his allergy problems.

Comment

Tiff, Does the doc think his eye trouble might have been caused by the Veramyst steroid inhaler? My daughter had similar symptoms after topical corticosteroid in Clotrimazole, except she developed p&p rosacea at puberty. After 6y of eye flareups, we are down to just 6m cornea checks, and she does well on occasional warm compress in the shower and eyedrops barely needed. Hang in there.
          Last edited by littlemermaid; 26-Aug-2016, 07:27.
          Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Littlemermaid, I'm not sure the doc (you know which one) remembers that he was on Veramyst. He had dry eye issues beginning about 4 years ago and I can't remember when he started the Veramyst. I will bring it up at the next appointment. How did you get your daughter's eyes to improve so much? I'm nervous about all these drugs and symptoms that aren't going away for him.

Comment

I remember Jan 2012 'The allergy med he's on is a nasal spray--veramyst.' #14 in http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/forum...-have-dry-eyes

We just kept going and she grew out of it regarding eyes, although her skin is still a struggle for her, bless her.

I would do research links for you but I'm travelling this week. Search keywords like 'steroid rosacea' and refine to 'child eye' to find reported side effects and research base, preferably in PubMed and Medscape. It's an immune response so skin symptoms not necessary. Also can be periorificial, not just eye or mouth.

Be safe and happy. Best wishes.
              Last edited by littlemermaid; 28-Aug-2016, 09:41.
              Paediatric ocular rosacea ~ primum non nocere

Comment

Working...
              X