Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optimmune (ciclosporin ointment) and not Ikervis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimmune (ciclosporin ointment) and not Ikervis.

Hello
    I am posting once more in what I hope is the more appropriate section. I did post last week and had some wonderful help from a poster, but I think I may need to re phrase my question.
    Who amongst those in the UK who is a LONG term user of ciclpsporin ointment (optimmune) has now been "swapped" over it Ikervis?
    Very briefly. Sjogrens patient, 12 years of increasing dry eye,
    1. Autologous serum
    2. Optimmune (run out of supply now)
    3.salagen or pilocarpine

I have tried preps that do contain cetalconium chloride, bad bad idea, horrible for my goblet cell decreased density. So when the local hospital pharmacy took a month to tell me that optimmune is no longer an option, and at the moment I have some reason to doubt this, although small, I would like to hear from people who have used Optimmune ant now use Ikervis. For obvious reasons.
    i am already noticing problems losing this vital part ofmy treatment regime.
    The Ikervis factsheet produced for presribing authoritie and dated 2018 does say that some people will not tolerate the excipients and can use a ciclosprin alternative.
    We are chasing this as my local hospital pharmicist said they no longer make it. Wrong, it is still being made but and I suspect due to supposed cost (not that differnt when you check formulary) patients are forced onto it as it is licensed.
    Santen refuse to answer my email.
    Anybody out there in my boat chap's?
Working...
X