lotomax dryed me out more, help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lotomax dryed me out more, help

please someone help me, my doctor took the big risk and gave me lotomax because i have extremely swellen lid. she said to use it 4 times, i used 2 drops and my eyes are extremly dryed. I am so much worse even pf tears dont help me. is this normal ? will i go back to pre lotomax stage. I could not sleep even. there is no hope for me, I do not know what else to do? any one with shimmer less than 5 can talerate this drug. please some one gives me advise. i stopped it.

RE: lotemax

I have Schirmer's of 0s in both eyes since ~2002 (altho occasionally an eye will hit 1). I started on pred forte back in 2002 and loooooooved it. It was the only thing that took away my pain. My doctor switched me to lotemax in ~2008 (which I don't like as much, but eases my doctor's worry a bit...)

Anyway, sometimes I didn't use pred forte (or now lotemax) *IN* my eye, I drop it ON my eyelids and swipe the liquid near the margins. Often times that works just as well to relieve pain especially if it's the lids that are swollen and causing the problem.

Maybe give that a try? Good luck.

Comment

I have used Lotemax for two years now. It is the only thing that brings me relief. If you read the insert, you will find that one of the side effects of Lotemax (and other ocular steroid drops) is eye dryness. Try using your regular eye drops 15 minutes before and after instilling the Lotemax. If that does not work, stop using the drug and talk to your doctor as you may be sensitive to something in the medication, such as the preservative.
      Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Originally posted by kitty View Post
        I have used Lotemax for two years now. It is the only thing that brings me relief. If you read the insert, you will find that one of the side effects of Lotemax (and other ocular steroid drops) is eye dryness. Try using your regular eye drops 15 minutes before and after instilling the Lotemax. If that does not work, stop using the drug and talk to your doctor as you may be sensitive to something in the medication, such as the preservative.
        thank u guys for replying to me.

Comment

Working...
        X