Lotemax, Restatsis, and Azasite???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diana View Post
    I vote for Azasite. It dramatically improved my dry eyes by unplugging my meibomian glands, but it took about 6 months to work. Restasis was like pouring acid in my eyes and steroids never helped me. Restasis is pushed by its pharmaceutical company to make all the money it can while it's still under patent.
    Can you tell me more about the azalite? Is this a Rx, is it a lid scrub? I have not heard of this one, I was on the Lotemax for a few weeks and then the doc had me start the restasis, even tho the restasis does cause some burning, I found that I couldn't use the Lotemax anymore, it was killing my eyes, he wanted me to taper off but it was so bad I just quit, I think it was the combo, I've noticed sometimes the genteal gel burns dreadfully when I combine it with other otc drops, maybe it's the different meds. Interaction that is the problem?

Comment

Lotemax is killing me...

So, my new ophtho just started me on Lotemax and it is absolutely killing me. I have taken it only 3 or 4 days - approximately 2 or 3 drops per day and now I am at the worst point I have ever been with dry eye.

I stopped the Lotemax and took my last dose yesterday morning. The effects are not really wearing off yet. I have been rinsing with preservative free saline and that helps. Also, I am now having to use celluvissc all day instead of once a week. Also, I am putting in Refresh PM at least once during the day.

I have to say I am pretty scared that my eyes won't come back from this...

To be fair, I had a few other things happen - I had IPL on the day I started my Lotemax, I also just started cromolyn sodium 2% eye drops. But I don't think either of those will cause this...

FML Ointment is the only thing that works for me - not lotemax, not dexamethasone - its the only thing that works...

Comment

Lotemax is killing me...

So, my new ophtho just started me on Lotemax and it is absolutely killing me. I have taken it only 3 or 4 days - approximately 2 or 3 drops per day and now I am at the worst point I have ever been with dry eye.

I stopped the Lotemax and took my last dose yesterday morning. The effects are not really wearing off yet. I have been rinsing with preservative free saline and that helps. Also, I am now having to use celluvissc all day instead of once a week. Also, I am putting in Refresh PM at least once during the day.

I have to say I am pretty scared that my eyes won't come back from this...

To be fair, I had a few other things happen - I had IPL on the day I started my Lotemax, I also just started cromolyn sodium 2% eye drops. But I don't think either of those will cause this...

FML Ointment is the only thing that works for me - not lotemax, not dexamethasone - its the only thing that works...

Comment

Working...
        X