This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotemax dosage?

I've been having pain and dryness in my left eye. An ophthalmologist gave me Tobradex and it worked great until the small bottle was used up. He told me it was blepharitis, but I forgot to ask what kind. A friend just gave me a bottle of Lotemax. What is a proper dose and for how long? Also, should I stop using warm compresses until the inflammation is under control? I am taking Elestat and Restasis. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by d_mackey1; 01-Nov-2011, 18:03.

First, you should not use any medication that is not prescribed for you; as such I will not tell you what an appropriate dose is. You need to get that from your doctor. With any ocular steroid, including Lotemax, there can be a chance of developing glaucoma from the medication so your IOP needs to be monitored closely. There are different schools of thought with regard to application of heat for inflammation. Again, that is something you need to discuss with your doctor. I hope you can find some comfort soon.
    Every day with DES is like a box of chocolates...You never know what you're going to get.

Comment

Its threads like this that scare me.

Way to much self medication going on.

Ahmed.

Comment

Working...
      X