No announcement yet.

Lotemax Ointment for MGs- helping out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotemax Ointment for MGs- helping out!

I won't go so far as to call this a success story, but perhaps a tip for those of you with MGD. . .

Recently I had to discontinue allergy shots (made it half way through the protocol) after my dry eye symptoms flared up severely- in particular my MGs. I'm now trying to get everything calmed down. With my ophthamologist's permission, I have started putting a tiny amount of Lotemax OINTMENT (like a pencil-lead worth) on my lid margins twice daily, after my usual MG heating/expression. The ointment unlike the drops is preservative free, and because it is oily it hangs around nicely.

I've noticed the difference. My lids are much less vascular, and my MGs are not nearly as big and and cobblestone looking. They are expressing much more easily too. I still feel the effect of MGD (my eyes get more comfortable throughout the day), but I do feel like given more time, doing this will continue to make some beneficial changes.

Thought I'd pass it along!

Caution: Info on Lotemax Eye Ointment Side Effects from Drugs.com

Lotemax Eye Ointment Side Effects - for the Professional

Adverse reactions associated with ophthalmic steroids include elevated intraocular pressure, which may be associated with optic nerve damage, visual acuity and field defects, posterior subcapsular cataract formation, secondary ocular infection from pathogens including herpes simplex, and perforation of the globe where there is thinning of the cornea or sclera.

The most common ocular adverse event reported at approximately 25% in subjects in clinical studies with Lotemax ointment was anterior chamber inflammation. Other common adverse events, with an incidence of 4-5%, were conjunctival hyperemia, corneal edema, and eye pain.

Source: http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lotemax-eye...e-effects.html

Comment

Working...
    X