This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotemax PF ointment -- anyone try it?

I have used Lotemax drops in the past with good results -- except the BAC preservative bothers me. Has anyone tried the new Lotemax PF ointment? Results?

yes i am trying it now.. cause i cant tolerate BAK either.. i like it but my doc doesnt want me to use very often. are you still using it??
    Jenny

Comment

I went to a different doctor, and she said NOT to use the Lotemax PF -- that I didn't need the steroid -- just use Refresh PM. So I did, but it didn't help at all -- in fact, made things worse. So I started using the Lotemax PF again, and the burning is getting better. I think most doctors are scared to death of steroids, even though Lotemax is quite safe. I emailed my doctor where I used to live to get his opinion and he feels using Lotemax on and off (2 months on, one month off) is no problem. IOP should be checked periodically. I am not a steroid responder, so I don't believe I'll have a problem.

Comment

I'd use it sparingly and careful about using it long term. Other members have gotten complications (glaucoma, cataracts) from lotemax alone. have you tried the gel? i've tried not the ointment - but the gel works for me. i don't know the data on what stays on the ocular surface longer - but the ointment contains petrolatum products, which aren't the healthiest for the ocular surface at all- they can clog up the meibomian glands further. for what it's worth --

Comment

Working...
        X