Lotemax steroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lotemax steroid

I have been prescribed Lotemax steroid and I'm taking it since 5 days now. I still have frequent burning sensations over the day. When will the Lotemax act fully? Does it usually take a few days bevor it really kicks in?

It might take a few days for it to take effect. What is your dosage?

For me, it took 2 months of QID lotemax to calm my inflammation.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I also take it 4 times a day. It says in the manual take 4 times a day 1-2 drops. Did you take 4 times a day 1 drop at a time or 2 drops?

2 months? Is it safe to take it this long? I was planning 2 weeks...

Were your inner lids inflammed? With me, they are completly red on the inside...outside they look ok

Comment

2 weeks is not a long time. You can ask your doctor to check IOP at your followup.

I did 1 drop QID.

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post
          Thanks for the reply.

I also take it 4 times a day. It says in the manual take 4 times a day 1-2 drops. Did you take 4 times a day 1 drop at a time or 2 drops?

2 months? Is it safe to take it this long? I was planning 2 weeks...

Were your inner lids inflammed? With me, they are completly red on the inside...outside they look ok
          Lotoprednol doesn't penetrate the eye very well, so you can take it long term assuming your dr checks your pressure. I had a minor jump in pressure being on alrex for 2 months....went from 13 to 17 in two months.

For me, steroids work fast. But when I was at my worst, took about a month to really really feel the difference. I'm on steroids again now for example, 1% methylprednisone, and it worked in 4 days. All inflammation gone in 4 days. But this is a much stronger steroid and my inflammation wasn't nearly as bad.

take it as your dr prescribed. I would only use one drop at a time, but follow your drs taper schedule.

Comment

Problem ist, it was prescribed by my general practitioner because it's hard to get appointments at local eye doctors and also they are very limited in knowlege regarding dry eye here. I begged for it and he prescribed me 2 items of it. My next appointment in an eye clinic would be on 3rd October. I'm planning to do IPL then.

I thought Steroids would act fast, but nothing after a week now...it is just so frustrating. I'm all inflammed because of my rosacea and I have to work in an Office. This is no life Quality anymore. Burning eyes all day long.

What were your symptoms Dowork123 while your eyes were badly inflammed?

But it's good that you said that Lotoprednol doesn't penetrate the eyes too bad. I will take it maybe for a month now...

Comment

While lotemax is generally one of the safest steriods, you should still monitor your IOP while on steriods. That takes like 2 mins by any optometrist.

If you have rosacea, then I have high hopes that IPL will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by insidious988 View Post
                Problem ist, it was prescribed by my general practitioner because it's hard to get appointments at local eye doctors and also they are very limited in knowlege regarding dry eye here. I begged for it and he prescribed me 2 items of it. My next appointment in an eye clinic would be on 3rd October. I'm planning to do IPL then.

I thought Steroids would act fast, but nothing after a week now...it is just so frustrating. I'm all inflammed because of my rosacea and I have to work in an Office. This is no life Quality anymore. Burning eyes all day long.

What were your symptoms Dowork123 while your eyes were badly inflammed?

But it's good that you said that Lotoprednol doesn't penetrate the eyes too bad. I will take it maybe for a month now...
                At my worst...searing burning pain in both eyes, like I had a hot poker shoved into them. Gritty, burning, hurt to blink, stuffy feeling in lids, pinching in lids, just constant pain.

Lid hygiene and compress got me feeling a bit better...but my inflammation didn't go away until I was on a steroid. I was on lotoprednol too, but alrex .3%...that was very effective for me. Your steroid is .5% lotoprednol. How often are you taking it to start 4x a day?

Steroids do act fast...sadly some people don't respond. There's a guy here, johno, he's in pain and steroids do nothing. That's a hard riddle to crack.

Comment

Working...
                X