? About MGD and Steroids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? About MGD and Steroids

I have done warm compresses and lid massages sporadically, mainly because I have not been diagnosed with blepharitis/mgd. No MD has looked closely at my meibomian glands to see if they are blocked. I am aqueous deficient with schirmers consistently ranging from 3-7mm per eye. Is it possible for the castor oil in restasis to provide for a falsely good TBUT? Also, my eyes REALLY look horrible upon awakening and seem to improve slightly as the day goes on. I heard this is typical of MGD.

My last questions are pretaining to warm compresses and steroids. I have read a lot of the past postings and some folk have had significant improvement within a week of doing 1-2 compresses/lid massages per day. I have used steroids periodically as well but have not completed a full round of 4x/day for a month and tapering off 1 dose per month. I always start off very optimistic but I need to know what my realistic expectations should be. As usual, all comments and advice are much appreciated... Thanks, DN
Working...
X