X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Androgen drops

are these being made yet?

Not from a pharmaceutical company.

You can have DHEA drops compounded at Leiter's. Your Dr will need to order them. You can do a search on these boards - there has been some discussion in the past on these.

HTH,
    Gretchen

Comment

Thank you! I heard someone is working on these drops. Does anyone know when they will be done.

Comment

I don't know the company that is working on this, but Rebecca posts a lot of pipeline information on this site. I forget exactly where it is, maybe someone else can chime in with the correct location.

However, let me tell you that when something is being "worked on" by pharma, it means they will be working on it for a long, long time. Clinical approvals go incredibly slow and many drugs just never get to final FDA approval for a large variety of reasons.

I know that you have taken Finasteride in the past. Another member on here posted something interesting today about a site devoted to Proscar/Finasteride/Propecia complications. It is called propeciahelp.com. This may have some interesting information for you.

Regards,
        Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
          It is called propeciahelp.com. This may have some interesting information for you.

Regards,
          Gretchen

Thanks for the link Gretchen. I haven't heard of that site before. I took propecia for about 5 years prior to my DES.

Comment

Hi Bassfan -

Boston posted the propeciahelp.com on another post. I am noticing that a lot of otherwise healthy young men on this site with eye problems are starting to mention Propecia/Finasteride/Proscar in their posts. And I remember some past posts about it as well. There was a member <Finasterized> that I remember...

Regards,
            Gretchen

Comment

Originally posted by Gretchen View Post
              Hi Bassfan -

Boston posted the propeciahelp.com on another post. I am noticing that a lot of otherwise healthy young men on this site with eye problems are starting to mention Propecia/Finasteride/Proscar in their posts. And I remember some past posts about it as well. There was a member <Finasterized> that I remember...

Regards,
              Gretchen
              Ya I've been pretty well convinced there is a strong link for a long time now. Sadly at this point there isn't a whole lot I can do. I haven't used it in about two years. I pm'd that finasterized guy back when he originally posted but never got a reply.

Comment

DHEA Drops

Bassfan -

Have you tried DHEA drops? Given the androgen implications of the Propecia - DES link, I think that it may be worth a shot...They are compounded by Leiter's. You just need a Dr to call it in for you. Do you have a good eye Doc that is open? Also, on the Propeciahelp.org site, there are some other suggestions. One easy one is Zinc. I would see what people on there are doing for their other systemic issues to see if they might be able to help your symptoms as well.

Good luck,
                Gretchen

Comment

Working...
                X