Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AzaSite in the UK

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good online pharmacy to buy AzaSite from? (for those of us based in Europe).

Does anyone have any idea when it might be available over here?

Plus is there any news on the AzaSite that is being developed for blepharitis and the phase 4 trials that are going on?

Thanks everyone, as ever I'm touched by people's kindness and grateful for the help I've received here.

you should take a look at theses threads

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10437
    http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=10962

Comment

AzaSite in the UK

Hi Christiandryeyes,

Thanks for posting those threads.

I went to a UK pharmacy (Boots) and had a look in their book of every drug that is made in the UK. Azithromycin is available here, but not in an opthalmic solution.

I'm very tempted to try the Zithromax Eye Drops (generic) Zaha from the website that Sazy123 posted a link to:
      http://www.edrugnet.com/showprice.as...ha&bysearch=ok

But am worried that this is not azasite and doesn't have the DuraSite vehicle, as you mentioned in your last post....did you ever get any clarification on this? I.e is Zaha EXACTLY the same as Azasite?

The alternative I can see for us in the UK is to order Azasite from here:
      http://www.canadadrugs.com/prescript...on+1%25/11275/
      But it's more expensive...very expensive in fact, and I'm not even sure I can order it without a prescription.

Please can someone tell me what size bottle I would need if I wanted to try it for one month (following the recommended regime of 2 drops twice/day for first 2 days and then once/day for 28 days). Will I need more than the 3ml?

Many thanks again

Comment

Hi

I know I'm not answering your question directly but has your doctor given you anything specifically to help with the blepharitis?

Azithromycin is available in capsule and liquid form (Zithromax) and is used to treat other infections - if you search on the NHS National Electronic Library for Medicines, you will see what these comprise.

It's doubtful that you could get Azasite (online) without a prescription although I might be wrong. Regarding the amount you would need; that would depend on what the severity of the condition - even though there is a recommended daily dose. Only a doctor (who knows your eyes) could really answer that.

Do be careful - believe me that I know how frustrating all this is. I've spent a lot of time discovering these things for myself.

Comment

Hi Irish eyes, thanks for the reply....
          Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
          Hi

I know I'm not answering your question directly but has your doctor given you anything specifically to help with the blepharitis? :
          No nothing specifically for the blepharitis or MGD. When I next see the opthamologist in a few weeks time I will ask about antibiotics, but I have a feeling they won't work for me (co-incidentally I was taking doxycyline for something else last summer, and that's when all my eye problems started)
          Are you taking anything specifically for the blepharitis?

Azithromycin is available in capsule and liquid form (Zithromax) and is used to treat other infections - if you search on the NHS National Electronic Library for Medicines, you will see what these comprise.
          :
          I've seen it's available in other forms, but I wasn't aware that we can we make use of it topically on our eyes unless it's in an opthalmic solution.

It's doubtful that you could get Azasite (online) without a prescription although I might be wrong. :

I think Sazy123 might have bought it online...although maybe she said someone sent it to her.....I'll check

Regarding the amount you would need; that would depend on what the severity of the condition - even though there is a recommended daily dose. Only a doctor (who knows your eyes) could really answer that.
          :

But there is a recommended regime, and I'm wondering how much I would need if I were to follow this regime.

Forgive the number of quotes, but I've just worked out how to do them!
          Many thanks

Comment

Hi Redandunhappy

Doxycycline

It might well be the case that your blepharitis started when you were taking doxy but this could be a coincidence. Mention to your doctor about taking it and s/he would gauge the appropriate dose that could make a difference. It usually takes a few weeks to kick in though.

Number of quotes

No need to apologise for the quantity; I'm impressed you can create them!

Comment

Hello again Irish eyes,

I will ask again about oral antibiotics when I next go to see the opthamologist.

It wasn't that I thought doxycycline could have caused my blepharitis, more that if I was on it, and my blepharitis was starting to develop, that it didn't do much to prevent that....but probably worth trying again.

Thanks so much for the advice and your help

Comment

Working...
              X