Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using Zithromax (Azithromycin)?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone using Zithromax (Azithromycin)?

I'd like to know if any of you is using it in drops or tablets as an alternative to Azasite. I've began using "Azyter" which is it's European version. I used it at night before going to bed and I wake up the next day with a lot of itching and burning.

I'm wondering if I could try using Zithromax --which is also Azythromycin-- in eye drops or tablets. I can get Zithromax without a prescription. I hear people say it is more tolerable than Azasite and if tablets work as well as eye drops without causing the itching and burning it may be the what I need to be using.
    Last edited by Ariel; 22-Aug-2010, 07:17.

I'm also able to purchase Zithromax without a prescription, and I'm wondering what dosage of zithromax is equivalent to 100g of doxycycline... does anyone know?

Comment

Zithromax oral tablets are usually prescribed in a Z-pack where you take a varying dose, I think for 5 days for an upper respiratory infection. I've never heard of taking it long-term like doxycycline. It's pretty broad spectrum so watch for GI side effects.

Comment

Thank you, Diana. I guess I'll go back to considering doxy But did you feel like your eyes improved at all while on Zithromax?

Comment

Working...
        X