This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blephamide suspension drops?

Anyone have any experience with this? My doctor prescribed it to me and I'm a little nervous...

Why are you nervous? Its a steroid drop. The only danger they present is long term use. If you have inflammatory DES, the drop will certainly help (if only for the time of using it).

Comment

Yes, nervous of side effects. If I use it and it helps then stop, will the relief subside? If so, what's the point? This is for dry eye.

Comment

Originally posted by CC00 View Post
        Yes, nervous of side effects. If I use it and it helps then stop, will the relief subside? If so, what's the point? This is for dry eye.
        I just used Lotemax Gel for 10 days 2 times a day last month and though it did not seem to help at the time, it must have done something because my eyelids are not as swollen and my eyes are doing better. I would use it to see if it helps. Andrea B

Comment

Originally posted by alb1967 View Post
          I just used Lotemax Gel for 10 days 2 times a day last month and though it did not seem to help at the time, it must have done something because my eyelids are not as swollen and my eyes are doing better. I would use it to see if it helps. Andrea B
          Now that you stopped are you still having relief?

Comment

Originally posted by CC00 View Post
            Now that you stopped are you still having relief?
            WELL I was doing pretty good actaully until I went to the dr on Saturday. He did a TBUT test and he expressed my lower glands. I asked about my upper ones and he said we can do them I had never had them done before and I probably never will). All in all he said the upper ones looked good and I was getting good oil (I think he expressed a few). The lower ones were clogged but not really bad he said. He said on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being really bad with no oils I was about a 3-4, so he said he would consider me to have moderate dry eye. Anyway that day my eyes were really sore and it keep feeling like something was in them. I tried to wear my sclera lens that night but they clouded up right away as soon as I put them in. So I did not wear them that night. I cleaned them really good w/ my Lobob. I did not wear them yesterday at all and today I have them in since I am at work (I have to wear them also for vision, since lasik in 2005, my eyes have regressed and now I see ghost images, yeah it SUCKS) and they are really sore to even wear them. I guess expressing my upper glands really irriated my eyes. I feel I am worse today than ever. I also woke up Sunday morning with a ton of crust on my eye lids. This morning I had some but not as much. I have an email out to my Dr to let him know what is going on. I will probably start using the Lotemax again for another 10 days.

Comment

Working...
            X