Dioxycyline help with inflammation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dioxycyline help with inflammation?

Can dioxycline help with the inflammation that is causing dry eye?

Yes doxycycline helps with inflammation by suppressing the proliferation of various inflammatory mediators internally.

You need to take doxycycline 20mg or 50 mg for months before you notice any significant effect (at least 2-3 months at that dose). Don't go for higher doses as it's not better in terms of anti inflammatory properties but can increase chances of side effects.

Comment

Thank you. Do people stay on this indefinitely? I will ask about this at my next appointment

Comment

Originally posted by Matt0029 View Post
        Thank you. Do people stay on this indefinitely? I will ask about this at my next appointment
        Yes some people stay on it for long periods of time but not indefinitely because they can irritate your gut.

It's used primarily to calm down the inflammation and break the immune response of the body. If you are planning to take doxycycline then make sure you try to find out the cause of inflammation and address it simultaneously. That's because if you don't eliminate or control the source of inflammation things would revert back to what it's now after you stop taking the medication. Since you cannot remain on doxycycline forever practically it's not a permanent solution.
        ​​​​

Comment

Working...
        X