how long do scelral lenses last

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how long do scelral lenses last

Does anyone know how long a pair of scleral lenses last and what it replacement cost? Thanks.

I have Boston Scleral Lens and the cost is $7,600. As to how far they last, I asked the wonderful OD working with me at the clinic and she said she had a patient who has had her lens for 11 years.

But, not many people go 11 years without an RX change. My lens are very durable and made of hard material. I think the possibility of a chance in your RX is a better possibility of the lens "wearing out."

Boston Foundation for Sight takes select people, usually those with severe problems. There are other venues for scleral lens. I just posted a link from this bb to another poster asking about scleral lens.

Not sure what you mean by replacement cost. If I lose a lens, it costs $600
    to replace it.

Read info on the link below for more discussion and information.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=161
    Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

thanks Lucy

Thank you very much. I am talking with the Boston Foundation now, but wanted to try and get some idea of what I am getting into in terms of long term costs. Ross.

Comment

Ross, where do you live? I'm just curious. I traveled from Michigan to Boston twice for my fittings of the BSLens. Depending on where you live, there may be other scleral lens fitters.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
        X