This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lenses and night time ointment

Hello. Is there anyone who wears the PROSE lenses who also uses the lubricant ointments at night time? How do you deal with the oily residue smearing on the surface of the lens? Is there a trick to rinsing them off before putting the lenses in? I've been doing relatively well with the PROSE (great comfort, good vision, etc.) but lately my eyes have gotten so dry that I need to use the ointment at night time. I follow the usual routine--heat compress, massage, onyx and a humidifier at night time. I also use the blood serum drops with success. I am a SJS patient. Thanks.

have you tried genteal gel instead of the ointment? it will definitely be easier to use and won't leave a greasy residue on your scleral lenses.

I also found that if you put in several drops of Freshkote eye drop, then shut your eyes and go to sleep, that some of the excess overflows onto the lid margin and "glues" your eyes shut. When you wake up you might have to peel your lids apart and you will have lots of crusting along the lid margins which you will have to wash off, but this will make your eyes feel so much better in the morning!!
    RG
    "Wishing I never had LASIK and was still wearing glasses and contact lenses"

Comment

MM, i am in the process of getting fitted for my second pair of Sclerals. Hoping this second set gives me a better fit and not so much irritation. I too use pm oinment every night along with wearing my Tran. Eye mask from this site. I do warm compresses too. Before i put in my Scleral lenses I wash my eyes with baby shampoo. THis seems to get rid of the residue from the oinment. I also make sure i wash the lenses thoroughly each night and put them in the cleaner basket.

Comment

Working...
      X