This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scleral lenses first trial

Today I went to the first time to a psychiatrist (he prescribed me two antidepressant that I'm afraid they can make my dry eyes worse).

Well, but today I went to the best (and maybe only) doctor in town that works with scleral lenses, or at least with scleral lenses for dry eyes.

During 1990 I tried to wear contact lenses, but at the end I quit them... I felt them in my eyes almost all the time and if sand or something went to my eyes it was hell.

Well, He put a sample of sclerals in my eyes. I felt the lense when blinking or moving my eyes, but I could spend a lot of time without blinking. I think in 15 minutes I was almost not feeling the lense anymore. But when they took them off I felt relief. It was strange.. in a way I felt good, or even better with the sclerals, but I had a very good feeling when they were taken off. And I think my eyes were worse after wearing them for 15 or 20 minutes, than they were before.
    Is that happened to someone in the first time? I didn't read all threads about sclerals but I'v been reading some fo them. Any feedback will be very appreciated.

When I tried contact lenses in 1990, it seemed that my eyes were sensitive to the chemicals in the lenses, and it was one of the reasons I think I didn't tolerate them very well. I had kind of the same feeling with the sclerals in this first trial, and it seemed that my eyes got worse after wearing because of that sensitivity, but I don't know. All artificial drops makes me worse either...

Has anyone that don't tolerate artificial tears wore scleral lenses successfully?

How was the first time you put scleral lenses?
    Last edited by bakunin; 09-Apr-2013, 10:42.

The first time they fit sclerals on you, they usually come from a kit and doesn't exactly fit your eyes. So it will feel uncomfortable. Then when they are custom made they are much more comfortable.

Comment

Maybe you should not post here because it is archive?(few people will answer).I will try scleral lens recently and I wish we both have good luck with it!

Carol

Comment

Working...
      X