This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the board, new to scleral lenses

Hi all! I am a 28 year old male who has been suffering from post-lasik dry eye for the past 6 years. Last week, after trying everything else under the sun (besides Lipiflow), I received my first set of scleral lenses and have a few questions...

Does anyone else have a problem with the lens itself drying out? I used to wear typical soft contacts (obviously before lasik) and it feels like the same symptom of those drying out. I soak them in the hydrogen-peroxide until I am ready to wear them, could that be a problem?

Overall, my impression of the lenses aren't great. They still need to be adjusted but they don't grant complete relief. Also, the portions of my eyes not covered by the lens still dry out and require drops (which kind of defeats the purpose of the lenses IMO).

Thanks!!

Did the lenses reduce your need for drops at least? Do they at least feel better with them in than out??

Comment

At this point... my eyes do not feel better with them in. My lenses have not been adjusted yet so that may play a role eventually.

Comment

Working...
      X